Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all participants who register to take part in an event organised by The Fix Events. In these terms and conditions participants will be referred to as “you” and the event organiser will be referred to as “The Fix UK Ltd” or “The Fix Events”.
1. By registering in the event you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. We typically allow children to take part in all our events (unless specific information is given for a set event) The standard age requirement for triathlon is 16. Please note that children remain the responsibility of their parents/guardian throughout our events. If the parent/guardian is satisfied the child/children can confidently run unaccompanied they may do so, with a parent/guardian remaining onsite at all times.
3. You are responsible for reading the details and description regarding the event contained on the website www.thefixevents.com and any other information that may be sent to you by the Event Organiser and any associated partners and agree that you clearly understand what ability is required and what is entailed in participating in the event.
4. The registration fee must be paid at the time of registration unless there are concessions available to you.
5. The Fix Events refund policy is: Up to 14 days before the event you can either (i) cancel and receive a 60% refund or (ii) transfer your registration to another Fix Event (£5 transfer fee applies). Alternatively, you can transfer your place to someone else you know who may wish to take part. To do so you must email email@example.com. Unfortunately, after that, we cannot give refunds or transfer your entry to another event.
5a. If the event is cancelled for any reason by The Fix Events you will be entitled to a full refund or eligible for a transfer to another Fix Event of equal value.
5b. If the event you are registering to is managed by The Fix Events on behalf of a client (where bookings are made through The Fix Events) and cancelled by the client for any reason you are entitled to a 50% refund on your entry fee. (excludes online booking fee)
6. If any details provided by you on your registration form change you must notify The Fix Events immediately in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively you can update your details via your online profile account.
7. The Fix Events reserve the right to cancel your participation in the event if any information provided by you is found to be inaccurate in any way.
8. You will be emailed prior to the event with further event details and instructions. All race information including your race number confirmation will also be displayed within your account.
9. Please note that all arrangements for the event, including the venue, date and programme may be subject to change. Any changes will be notified to you by email no later than 2 weeks prior to the date of the event.
10. You are responsible for ensuring that you have taken your own medical advice, and that you are medically fit and healthy and have undertaken appropriate training and preparation to participate in the event.
11. You agree that you participate in the event at your own risk, and accept that the Event Organiser cannot be liable to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any personal injury and/or illness sustained by you in any way or loss or damage to any personal property as a result of your participation in the event.
12. You must abide by any rules or regulations of the event that may be notified to you by the Event Organiser or the venue owners at any point leading up to or at the event.
13. You must show respect and courtesy towards other participants, spectators and Event Organiser's. If you behave in any manner which is, in the Event Organiser´s opinion, poor sportsmanship or a risk to the safety of any other participant, spectators or anyone else in attendance at the event, this may result in you being disqualified from the event and removed from the venue.
14. You are responsible for the safe keeping of your own personal possessions and those of any spectators you may bring to the event. You agree and accept that the Event Organiser has no liability for any theft, loss or damage to any personal property sustained as a result of your participation in the event.
15. The Fix Events are not responsible for any third party organisations that may provide other services at the event. You use any such services at your own risk.
16. If the event has to be postponed for any reason, the Event Organiser will endeavour to arrange an alternative event, and you will be notified of the new date and venue of the rearranged event. You will be given the option of a direct transfer to this new event or a 50% refund on your original entry less the online booking fee.
17. If access to a published course is restricted for any reason an alternative course will be used. If water temperatures prevent an open-water swim going ahead, the triathlon will be adapted to a duathlon and the event will proceed as normal. Entry fees will not be refunded for anyone choosing not to participate in the adapted event.
18. You agree to photographs and video being taken at the event and that any images of you may be used by the Event Organiser in any media regarding the event and to market and advertise the event or any other similar events.
19. By registering you are agreeing to any data provided being used by the Event Organiser to contact you regarding race results, event photos and other events.
20. Your personal data is held within your online profile. You can access this information and update this at any time. If you wish for your profile to be deleted please contact us at email@example.com
If you need assistance in reading and understanding these terms and conditions please contact a member of the events team on 020 8144 0797 or write to us at: The Fix UK Ltd, 50 Wray Common Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 0NB