Just how far is your MoRun?
Posted on by
For some of our MoRunners a 5k or even a 10k is just a training run for a much longer distance race which they have set their sights on. Many of our MoRunners however are running their first race at this distance, maybe just after graduating from a couch to 5k or 5k to 10k running course.
So just how far are those distances??? We took a look at some of our venue cities to give you an idea:
- Blackpool Tower to the Pleasure Beach and back
- From the Hibernian ground at Easter Road to the Hearts of Midlothian ground at Tynecastle Road
- From Buckingham Palace to the Tower of London
- 2.5 times the length of the Aberdeen airport runway
- From Wollaton Hall to Trent Bridge Cricket Ground
- Across the Severn bridge and back
- 1.5 times the Grand National course
- From Mumbles Pier to Swansea train station.
- From Canterbury Cathedral to Whitstable Bay
- Principality Stadium to Barry Docks (watch out for Gavin and Stacey)
- The Molly Malone statue to Dun Laoghaire
And of course, most importantly, 5k is 1 lap of the MoRun course and 10k is 2 laps!
Whatever distance you are running, wherever your training runs take you, we look forward to seeing you at MoRunning this November!